I really see the stunning and striking resemblance our son has to him with his face freshly shaven… okay, so the point!
Since he often goes from full beard to no beard, and even in between when he’s simply ‘edging’ (if that’s even what it’s called to keep it looking not so scraggly… you get my point) it’s important that he has a soothing aftershave to treat his beautiful skin the way it should be treated. Knowing that he’s married to me, you know that I will only let him use the best on that pretty face… no toxic chemicals, please!
Of course, I had to create my own soothing, smell-good, effective DIY aftershave spray for him…my lover.
I scoured the internet and our good friend Pinterest and out of that search came this recipe. I took ideas from several places, not any one in particular… just a mishmash. Having an arsenal of organic raw materials with which to work, this creation came from my researching and playtime in the kitchen. Oh, how I LOVE that time!
I am pleased because…
- It’s non-toxic
- His face is fresh and smooth to the touch
- It smells delish
He is pleased because…
- He also likes the smell
- Because I made it with love
- It works!
This is a super easy DIY with only a few ingredients you likely have at home. If you don’t have them at home, I encourage you to keep most all of them on hand, anyway. They are great to use in many DIY recipes and remedies.
DIY AFTERSHAVE SPRAY (2OZ)
- 2oz Spray bottle – Grab one in the Pronounce Skincare Herbal Boutique
- A small funnel (not totally necessary, but VERY helpful; plus, I use funnels like these all of the time for DIY stuff, straining kefir through a cheesecloth lined funnel, etc)
- Distilled H2O (appx. 1oz)
- Witch Hazel (appx. 1oz) – Make sure the alcohol content is low, like in our DIY witch hazel recipe
- Vegetable Glycerin (1/4t) – Non-GMO sourced, organic glycerin like Pronounce Skincare vegetable glycerin
- Jojoba Oil (1/8t) – Organic, unrefined, cold-pressed Pronounce Skincare jojoba oil
- Essential Oils – Cedarwood Atlas (13 drops) & Bay West Indies (7 drops)
- Vitamin E (2-3 drops; optional) – Non-GMO sourced vitamin E like this
- Add vegetable glycerin, jojoba oil, EOs, & Vitamin E to your spray bottle
- Fill bottle almost halfway with water
- Fill almost to the top with witch hazel
- Shake, shake, shake
- Spray and enjoy (spray directly on the face or into the hand for application)
See... how easy is that,
Why These Ingredients?
Oh, what a lovely little ingredient this is! …and it’s cheap, to boot! Witch hazel has incredible soothing properties, making it a perfect ingredient for aftershave. It will reduce puffiness, clean and soothe wounds, stop itching, help refresh skin, and helps seal in moisture. Pretty good stuff, eh? The smell? It’s hard to describe. It is very light and not overpowering in any sense of the word. The best way I can describe it is simply clean. Just smooth and clean and real.
Now go on and DIY some.
Not feeling particularly DIYish?
Simply not enough hours in the day? Pinning more than you could ever tackle these days? No worries. I have got you covered. Please, head on over to my Pronounce Skincare Shop where I sell this aftershave spray (in two scents)!
While you are there, please look around at all of my other skincare creations. I love making them for my family and for you!