Witch Hazel Bark
$1.75 – $3.00
Oregon Tilth Certified Organic | Kosher Certified
Botanical Name: Hamamelis virginiana L.
Certified Organic Witch Hazel Bark
Witch hazel is a deciduous shrub that is native to the eastern United States. Both the bark and the leaves are used in herbal medicine concoctions.
Witch Hazel Properties
Astringent, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, and styptic.
Witch Hazel Uses
Many people create a compress using witch hazel for sprains, sunburn, and swollen joints. You can also create a compress for hot and tired eyes.
Here’s our recipe for making a witch hazel decoction, perfect for use as a compress for sunburn and swollen joints…
- 1 oz – Pronounce Skincare certified organic witch hazel bark
- 1pt (500 ml) – Water
- Add both ingredients into a heavy pot and bring the pot to a boil.
- Once boiling, turn down to a simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Turn off and let cool enough to strain out the witch hazel bark (squeeze to get all of that goodness out)!
- Dip a cloth into your decoction, wring it out, and apply for a half-hour, rewetting as needed.
Precautions: No known precautions. We recommend that you consult with a qualified healthcare practitioner before using herbal products, particularly if you are pregnant, nursing, or on any medications.
For educational purposes only. This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.