$7.50 – $12.50
Oregon Tilth Certified Organic | Kosher Certified | Fair For Life Certified
Extraction Method: Derived from non-GMO soy; isolated glycerol fats through a hydrolysis method
Organic Vegetable Glycerin Summary
Here in the Pronounce Skincare shop we use vegetable glycerin in our Aftershave Spray and Bug Spray. For you at home, we have loads of great recipes on our blog, Scratch Mommy, that utilize vegetable glycerin.
Vegetable glycerin is created by adding alkalis to fats and oils (basically…alkalis are a base that can easily dissolve in water). Adding vegetable glycerine helps ingredients to better “stick” to surfaces longer than they would if they were in water alone (because it’s acting as a carrier oil, or base).
In lieu of alcoholic herbal tinctures that can be drying for some, you can make glycerin-based tinctures, too. We have a post on the blog that teaches you the how’s, why’s, and we even give you several recipes to get started! Below is a recipe for moisturized, clean hands that utilizes vegetable glycerin.
SUPER Moisturizing DIY Antibacterial Hand Soap (leaves your hands silky smooth & ready for handshakes)
- Filtered water
- Castile Soap
- Almond Oil
- Vegetable Glycerin
- Essential Oils: Lavender, Cedarwood Atlas, Tea Tree
- Glass hand pump
Add the following ingredients in the order they are listed below…
- Pour castile soap into your pump container until it is 1/4 full
- Add 2 T of Almond Oil
- Add 1 T of Vegetable Glycerin
- Add the following essential oils…Lavender- 15 drops, Cedarwood Atlas- 8-10 drops, Tea Tree- 8-10 drops. Adjust EOs according to your scent preference, but these ratios and amount totals work well for this size container; remember, less is often more with EOs.
- Fill to the top with distilled H2O; Ta-da. You are ready to rub-a-dub-clean and be Oh So SMOOTH!!!
Precautions: No known precautions. We recommend that you consult with a qualified healthcare practitioner before using herbal products, particularly if you are pregnant, nursing, or on any medications.
For educational purposes only This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.