You must be reading this blog post with someone else in mind.
Maybe your lover has stinky feet? …no!? Possibly it’s your teenage son (they can stink up a pair of sneakers in no time flat)? …no!? A friend! Yeah, that’s it!! …no!?
Perhaps, you are simply interested in learning more about a DIY foot deodorant powder recipe. You like to learn…right!? Maybe, just maybe…it is you. And that’s okay. The way you got here and the reason you are here does not matter. You are here and you want to know more about a foot deodorant. I’m on it!
Why Do My Feet Stink!?
…or someone else’s feet; of course, maybe not be your feet. 😉 Well, the technical term for stinky feet is malodorous feet. Yes, it’s a real issue with a real technical term.
There are a few things to keep in mind with stinky feet (and excessively stinky pits, too). There is usually an underlying reason. Now, if you’ve been out working in the garden for hours in 90 degree temps, of course you are going to stink.
If it is just a normal activity day and you find yourself being incredibly stinky, to the point you think others would notice, there are likely some underlying reasons…
What Can I Do NOW For Stinky Feet?
It will take you second to whip up this DIY foot deodorant powder…literally, seconds!
My guess is that you have many, if not all, of the ingredients listed below at home. If not, no worries. They are relatively inexpensive and extremely multipurpose in use.
DIY FOOT DEODORANT POWDER
- Kitchen Scale (this is BY FAR my favorite kitchen scale (very affordable and Amazon Prime); read more about it in this post that I wrote)
- Container(s) – Find a container that suits you in the Pronounce Skincare Shop. You can also Recycle an old powder container, a glass shaker, or a small mason jar.
- Put container on scale and hit ‘tare’.
- Add arrowroot, hit tare.
- Add clay, hit tare.
- Add essential oil drops.
- Secure lid and shake, shake, shake!
- Sprinkle into your shoes, apply directly onto your feet after a bath or shower, sprinkle into your socks, &/or all of the above!
Why These Ingredients?
Not feeling particularly DIYish?
Simply not enough hours in the day? No worries, head on over to my Pronounce Skincare Shop where you can find all of my homemade foot care products.
If you want to make your own deodorant but don’t know where to store it I’ve got you covered – you can find various types in the shop!