Well, now there is a reason to love the 1st of January…detoxing. No, not a cleanse or fast or anything that will make you test your willpower, but a lovely skin detox!
You can transport yourself to a mini spa day and detox your way into a calm and peaceful New Year. Start by putting on your favorite tunes, dimming the lights, and steaming your face for 10 minutes. Next, lather on this oh so lovely detox mask, and r-e-l-a-x. Your New Year’s day will have never been so good.
Detoxify your skin, buff away dead skin cells and discover radiant skin!
The mask is very effective and one of my favorites to use for a quick skin pick me up. The combination of lactic acid from the yogurt and texture of the charcoal and turmeric gently buff off the dead skin cells to leave glowing skin. The turmeric also lightens dark spots and scaring as well as reduces acne because of its antibacterial properties. The yogurt helps fight free radicals and smooth fine lines.
This DIY Detox Mask is easily mixed up in a few minutes. It’s skin loving ingredients will sooth, detoxify, and moisturize that dehydrated winter skin.
Used weekly this mask is a great addition to an anti-aging skin care routine. This DIY detox face mask is not drying, like some masks, as it uses gentle ingredients and the yogurt is quite moisturizing.
A Bit More On The Ingredients:
- Combine the yogurt, charcoal, and turmeric and blend until smooth
- Add the witch hazel slowly, you may need more or less than called for to get the right consistency
- Apply to a clean face with a brush or your fingers
- Let it sit on your skin until it has just become dry, about 20 minutes. Be careful to not let it sit on your skin too long after it has dried as it can draw the moisture out of your skin and leave you with dry skin.
- Wash off with warm water, lightly scrubbing in a circular motion for gentle exfoliation. Finish with a light spritz of DIY Vitamin C Serum and your favorite face oil.
*T=tablespoon and t=teaspoon
Use this mask once or twice weekly to get the most anti-aging or anti-acne benefit.
At home facials are a great way to relax, reduce stress, and beautify. I always like to steam my face before hand (either in the shower or over a pot of hot water) to boost the detox process. This opens your pores and preps them for the nutrients the masks will supply. You can see from the photos that the mask is a deep night black in color. Fear not! It will wash down the drain with the smallest splash of water without staining (plus you will look pretty rad when it’s on).
Now go ahead and spoil yourself, detox your skin for a new you just in time for a new year. Be well and beautify!