Hello friends! Today I am sharing a crafty concoction that is utilized quite frequently in our home and will likely be a nice addition to yours, too. Today I bring you an easy to create, very powerful ‘fix pretty much anything’ salve. “Dramatic much?” Maybe, but, really… it’s true.
You know how *real* food foodies kind-of laugh about saying, “Ah, just rub some coconut oil on it!” because coconut oil is like… well, apparently seems to be the cure all for most things? Yeah. This salve is like that.
This salve is always go-to in our home. You will use this DIY salve to help with a plethora of ‘problems’ that creep up in your home. Seriously, just check out how incredibly versatile this healing salve really is…
- Rough elbows
- Dry feet
- Eczema patches
- Poison ivy
- Bug bites
- Sore muscles
- Bug repellant
- Antibacterial needs
Yes, ALL of that, for real!
Below I briefly explain the ingredients so you can get a better grasp on just how incredibly healing and nourishing this DIY fix pretty much anything salve really is for your body and skin.
Key Oil Players
This oil is an extremely emollient substance, meaning that it easily makes skin very pliable, supple, and very hydrated.
Have oily skin? No worries, almond oil will work wonders for you, too. This oil is readily recognized by your skin as a “helper” and will help your skin maintain proper PH levels.
Key Essential Oil Players
Properties: Analgesic, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, antiseptic, antispasmodic, aromatic, carminative, cholagogue, deodorant, diuretic, emmenagogue, insecticide, nervine, sedative, stimulant, stomachic, vulnerary.
Benefits: Bruises, burns, dandruff, earache, flatulence, halitosis, headache, indigestion, infection, inflammations, insect bites and stings, insomnia, nausea, nervous tension, rashes, scars, slow digestion, sore muscles, sprains, stress, sunburn, toothache, ulcers, wound.
DIY Fix Pretty Much Anything Salve
- Double Boiler – *Only needed if using beeswax. I make my own with a glass bowl over a pot of shallow, simmering H2O
- Kitchen scale – like THIS; BTW, having a scale is a great investment in your kitchen and I use mine daily)
- Measuring spoons and cups
- Container(s) – Glass jar or bottle (Find containers in the Pronounce Skincare Herbal Boutique)
Make It Without Beeswax
- Measure everything into a bowl
- Pour into a suitable container
- Shake, shake, shake
- Hooray…ready to use
- Store somewhere dry and cool; shake before each use
Make It With Beeswax
- Measure everything (EXCEPT EOs) into the upper part of your double-boiler (for me, this is a glass bowl)
- Melt on low heat over bottom part of double-boiler (for me, a pot with shallow water) until everything is melted (the beeswax will be the last thing to melt)
- Turn off heat and allow to cool for a couple of minutes
- Add EOs; whisk to fully combine
- Pour into container and place somewhere safe so it can set up (which actually doesn’t take very long); stop by and stir occasionally
- Hooray…ready to use
- Store somewhere dry and cool
Not feeling particularly DIYish?
Simply not enough hours in the day? Pinning more than you could ever tackle these days? No worries. I have got you covered.
Please, head on over to my Pronounce Skincare Shop where I sell ‘The Anything’ Salve in both liquid and solid. While you are there, please look around at all of my other skincare creations. I love making them for my family and for you!