Last Updated on
Day and night, every day of the year, our skin takes a beating. We pull, tug, stretch. It deals with the cold, the heat, the rain, and the sweat. We pile on the cosmetics and lotions and creams (hopefully the all-natural ones), wash it all off, sleep, and start over again.
And then there are those days. The days where you wake up feeling refreshed, where all the laundry is folded, the kids aren’t fighting, and the coffee is still hot. There are no appointments and no plans at all. The days where you give your whole body a break, even your skin.
Don’t you wish there were more days like that?
Well, maybe we can’t have that everyday, and hey, that’s probably a good thing, but why can’t our skin have that kind of treatment more often? The truth is, most people don’t take care of their skin as well as they should. Especially when the kids are fighting and the laundry is piling up. Who has time to put on a face mask (or Pronounce Skincare Face Scrub) or even cleanse/tone/moisturize?
Enter my DIY Moisturizing Facial Scrub!
You’ll definitely want to put this on your DIY to-do list. First off, this scrub leaves my face feeling fantastic! Whether using it at night or in the morning, who doesn’t want to have their face feeling fantastic!?
The scrub gets its “grit” from a combination of sugar, ground apricot seeds, and blueberry seeds, giving the texture a nice feel and giving some variety to the type of exfoliation you’re getting. In addition to the exfoliating properties of this scrub, the base of the scrub is made of very nourishing ingredients: argan oil, jojoba oil, and shea butter.
Argan oil has a larger than life reputation for all of the benefits it provides to our hair, but it is also a fantastic moisturizer for your skin. The jojoba oil acts as a moisturizer as well, but is also a fantastic cleanser. And of course, you can’t forget about the essential all-purpose cleaner/cleanser/germ fighter: tea tree essential oil.
This recipe makes a small tub (approximately 4 oz), so enjoy it, use it up, and make more as needed. Or better yet, double this DIY moisturizing facial scrub recipe and share with a friend so both of you can have glowing skin!
DIY Moisturizing Facial Scrub (4OZ)
AUTHOR: Ritu Sundaram
- 3 tsps argan oil (organic, unrefined, cold-pressed argan oil)
- 4 tsps jojoba oil (organic, unrefined, cold-pressed jojoba oil; also, learn about other carrier oil options in our extensive carrier oils post)
- 4 tsps shea butter (organic, unrefined, expeller-pressed shea butter)
- 3 drops vitamin E (vacuum distilled, mixed tocopherols vitamin E from non-GMO soy sources)
- 4-6 drops tea tree essential oil (organic, steam-distilled from leaves and twigs)
- 4 tsps ground apricot seeds (organic)
- 2 tsps ground blueberries (organic)
- 6-7 tsps sugar (7 tsps organic sugar for a dryer scrub)
- Combine oils and butter in a heat-proof glass bowl over a double boiler. Heat on low heat until just melted.
- Remove from heat and add vitamin E and tea tree essential oil.
- Stirring constantly, slowly add sugar to melted oil mixture. Take a good minute to slowly pour the sugar in, stirring the whole time.
- Allow mixture to cool for 3-4 minutes and then add in the ground apricot and blueberry. Stir well, ensuring there are no clumps. Store in air tight glass container.
*T=tablespoon and t=teaspoon
Ahhhhh, glowing skin through healthy DIY methods. Isn’t living #LifeFromScratch great!?
Not feeling particularly DIYish?
Simply not enough hours in the day? Pinning more than you could ever tackle these days? No worries. I have got you covered.
Please, head on over to my Pronounce Skincare Shop where I sell my own face scrub.
While you are there, please look around at all of my other skincare creations. I love making them for my family and for you!