Did you know that DIY Aromatherapy Candles are easy to make and are an inexpensive gift? I love candles! They really change the mood. The flicker of light and scent wafting through the air can be really calming. Making your own candles can be inexpensive, easy, and you can feel good about what is going in them. It’s not filed with synthetic fragrances or harmful chemicals. DIY candles also make a great DIY gift. Actually, the one I made is for my mom for Christmas!
Choosing the right essential oils for your candles:
Aromatherapy is a great way to help with your physical, emotional and mental health. Here are a few of our favorite aromatherapy scents and how they effect your mood:
Does knowing more about what essential oils help with which moods have you excited to try your hand at making your own aromatherapy candles? There are so many ways to make great candles, but I like to make it simple. Beeswax from a local farmer, essential oils, and a cotton wick. That’s it.
- Create a double boiler by placing water into a pot and bring to a boil.
- Place beeswax intro can and place into water until it melts.
- While your waiting cut wicks to fit clean mason jars, tins, glass votives and tape around pencil.
- When wax is melted take out of water and stir in essential oils. The amount of essential oil you use depends on the scent strength of the oil, if your mixing them, and the amount of wax you use. I like to mix in the essential oil until I can smell it and then add a few more drops.
- Pour into prepared containers.
- Allow to cool.
That’s it. It is a really easy craft! Many people are afraid to try crafts because they are not “crafty.” Well friends, this craft doesn’t take much skill and anyone can do it. I promise!
Have you ever made homemade candles before? What are your favorite scents?