$8.00 – $37.00
Oregon Tilth Certified Organic | Fair For Life Certified
Botanical Name: Simmondsia chinensis
Refinement Technique: Unrefined
Method of Extraction: Cold-pressed
Certified Organic Jojoba Oil Summary
Jojoba oil is actually a wax ester that comes from shrubs in desert-like conditions (i.e. Mexico, Arizona, etc.). The oil should be cold-pressed, organic, and unrefined.
Jojoba oil is not greasy, making it a wonderful choice for skincare products. In fact, the proteins and minerals in jojoba oil mimic collagen and is closest to our natural skin oil (sebum), so it is a welcome, all natural antioxidant ingredient for our skin! Jojoba oil is great for all skin types and anti-inflammatory effects have even been shown.
Do you have oily skin? Because this oil (wax, really) so closely mimics our own skin’s sebum, we can actually “trick” our skin into thinking it has produced enough sebum, thus a decrease in oils being produced. This is good. Do you have dry skin or normal skin? Jojoba is also a great choice for you, as the moisturizing properties of jojoba are outstanding.
Jojoba oil is a mild smelling oil, just lightly nutty. This makes it a great carrier oil, as it does not overpower a base butter or other essential oils. Rather, they can work together and be complimentary.
Jojoba Oil Body Uses
From DIY shampoo to a DIY magnesium oil we have loads of ways to utilize jojoba oil on our blog, Scratch Mommy.
Here in the Pronounce Skincare shop you’ll find jojoba oil in the following handcrafted skincare products: Beard Balm, Face Serum, Softening Skin Scrub, Aftershave Spray, Body Butters, and in products in our popular Total Face System.
For the DIYer, here’s a recipe from our Scratch Mommy blog using our certified organic jojoba oil – ‘Fix Pretty Much Anything’ Salve!
- 1/2 C Jojoba Oil
- 1/4 C Almond Oil
- 3/4 C Tamanu Oil
- 2-3 Tbsp Neem Oil
- 1 oz Beeswax (optional)
- Essential Oils: Lavender EO- 6 drops, Cedarwood EO- 5 drops, Tea Tree EO- 5 drops, Geranium EO- 4 drops
- Measure everything (except EOs) into the upper part of your double-boiler (for me, this is a glass bowl)
- Melt on low heat over bottom part of double-boiler (for me, a pot with shallow water) until everything is melted (the beeswax will be the last thing to melt)
- Turn off heat and allow to cool for a few minutes
- Add EOs; whisk to fully combine
- Pour into container and place somewhere safe so it can set up (which actually doesn’t take very long); stop by and stir occasionally
- Hooray…ready to use! Store somewhere dry and cool; stir before use.
Precautions: No known precautions. We recommend that you consult with a qualified healthcare practitioner before using herbal products, particularly if you are pregnant, nursing, or on any medications.
For educational purposes only. This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.